Thursday, April 8, 2010

Aubree's Arrival!

We have been busy around here the last few weeks adjusting to life with our new baby girl. Jon and I couldn't be more thrilled to be parents. We are in awe of this precious little girl. She is such a miracle and a true blessing and gift from God! We are so lucky to be her parents.

And now for the story of Aubree's journey into the world! Sunday, March 21, 2010, Jon and I headed to the hospital around 5 pm to begin my induction. We were both very excited and anxious to get everything started! Dr. Oliviera came by after we got there and confirmed that I had still not dilated. Boo! From there, they gave me cervadil to hopefully begin the process and then we were told to try and get some rest. Ha, yea right! After a sleepless night, Dr. Oliviera came back in the morning to check my progress....still nothing! They started pitocin around 7 am in hopes that this would speed things along. After starting the medicine, I began feeling a ton of pressure, but I told Jon that it almost felt like my contractions had stopped. A little while later a nurse came in and told me she had to adjust my contraction monitor because she wasn't picking any contraction up. Sure enough, the medicine that was suppose to speed things along, in fact stopped what little contractions I was having. Later that afternoon I got my epidural because although I wasn't having painful contractions, I was having horrible pressure/pain in my lower back. Plus, I had a feeling that a C-Section was in my future so I figured I would get the epidural over with and get some relief. The epidural made me extremely nauseous so I spent the next few hours holding a nice little container next to my head. Jon was wonderful throughout my "labor." He rubbed my back, tried to keep me entertained, and provided constant encouragement! Dr. Oliviera checked me again around 4 and still NOTHING! We were now almost 24 hours in and since I was getting pitocin I couldn't get up or eat/drink anything. She said that at that point our best option was probably a C-Section. By this time I was good to go with that decision. The nurse came in an hour or so later and Jon and I thought she was there to get us ready to go....not exactly! She informed us that there was not one, not two, but THREE C-Sections before mine and they were considered more at risk so I would have to wait even longer. By this point we just wanted to meet our sweet little girl! Finally, around 9:30 they wheeled me down while Jon dressed in the lovely scrubs. The C-Section went great and Aubree was born, kicking and screaming, at 9:54 pm, weighing 7 pounds 9 ounces and measuring 18.5 inches long. Almost 30 HOURS after my induction began. As soon as I saw her sweet little face it was all worth it! Dr. Oliviera discovered that the bone behind my cervix is inverted which is what kept me from dilating. She said little Aubree would not have fit through even if she tried. Funny how God has a plan even when we don't know what it is.

After a LONG couple of days, Jon and I were so happy to welcome Aubree Mae into the world. Jon got to hold her first and they just kept staring at each other. It was so fun to watch the two of them bond immediately. She was very alert! After they closed me up, I finally got to hold my baby girl while I was wheeled to recovery. Our family was able to come back a few at a time to meet Aubree. Thank you to all our wonderful family who waited so long to meet our sweet little angel. She was well worth the wait!

I'll post pictures from Aubree's first month soon. I can't believe she is already a month old! Jon said the other day "I never knew it was possible to love something so much after only being with her for a few weeks." PRICELESS!

1 comment:

  1. I love love the newborn picture on the header of the blog!!
    Welcome to the C-section club :) Just think if you decide to do it next time you just show up...super easy ;)

    Sending our love!

    ReplyDelete