Monday, October 12, 2009

Adding to Our "Full House"


As many of you already know, our house has been quite full for some time now. Besides Jon and I, we have three furry friends who keeps things very interesting! Little do Roscoe, Yoda, and Sammie Jo know, they will soon take a back seat to our newest addition arriving in April 2010. Jon and I are thrilled and feel extremely blessed to welcome our new son or daughter into this world!

How it all transpired:
I was working a volleyball camp the last week of July and woke up one morning feeling a little off. I didn’t think much of it and went on with camp as usual. When I got home later that afternoon I started thinking, “Well, maybe I should take a test just to be sure.” I went to Walmart and came back to my mom and dads where I hid the test in my suitcase (I was staying at their house during the week of camp). Jon came in that night and we went to dinner with my family. The next morning I woke up around 5 and decided I may as well try one of the tests. To my great surprise the test came back positive!!! I snuck into the living room and woke Jon up (he roams at night and this is where he ended up this night). I didn’t want to tell him there so I said “why don’t you come back to bed?” He said okay and I retreated to my room. TEN minutes later he was still on the couch where he had fallen back asleep. I went and got him again and this time he followed. Once in the room I handed him the test and said “ready or not!” His first response was to drop the test because “eww, you peed on that thing, I don’t want to touch it!” Then, he got very excited and kept saying “are you sure, are you really sure?” After another test to prove to the daddy-to-be that I was “really sure” we both just laid there, too excited to say anything. Since neither of us could sleep, we went for bagels before I had to go to camp. It was so hard keeping the news from all our friends and families. Watching their reactions was priceless!!!

Needless to say, Jon and I are so thrilled that we will soon be parents. There are of course nerves that go with the excitement, but we know with the support of our friends and family we are well taken care of! God is working his plan in our lives and we trust him completely! We are so incredibly excited to embark on this next chapter of our life! We find out the sex of our little one on Oct. 28th, but until then he/she has been given the nickname “Baby MonJon.” Thanks Addie

The picture above is "Baby MonJon" at 13 weeks :)

Psalm 139:13-18 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!! The part where Jon dropped the test because you peed on it cracked me up! (this so sounds like something brian would say). I am so excited for you guys, you are going to make awesome parents! I love how you are calling the baby monjon hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again. I am however with Jon, seems like you could have just showed him the results! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you joined the blogging world so we can all keep up...especially with all these babies everywhere!! love the sono. when is your due date again? we are march 20 and find out the sex this thursday! so fun we are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica, I love your story. Congrats to you and Jon! What a name, MonJon - I think you should keep it!

    ReplyDelete