Sunday, February 28, 2010

Showered with Love AGAIN...and an Unexpected Doctor's Visit

Sunday, February 22nd, Jon's cousin Donna and our sister-in-law, Addie hosted a beautiful shower for little miss Aubree Mae. The food was delicious and everything was decorated really cute! Donna and Addie did a wonderful job and Aubree got even more goodies. It is safe to say that this little girl is already spoiled rotten. I enjoyed seeing great friends that I hadn't seen in a while and visiting with everyone. Thank you to everyone who came and shared this special time with us. We are incredibly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. Below are some pictures of the shower:
Bena and Nanny

Granny, Nanny, and Aunt Gail

The wonderful hostesses: Donna and Addie


Addie and Donna's diaper cake :)

The beautiful quilt Norma's sister-in-law made!

This past week has been a little too eventful! I had been feeling really tired and worn down and just had a "funny feeling" that I couldn't really describe. On Tuesday, I started having a really bad pain in the middle of my stomach that just would not go away! I had been checking my blood pressure on and off throughout the week and it seemed to be running a little higher than usual (130's/high 80's). After a few days of high readings and a pain that wouldn't go away, I decided to call my doctor on Thursday. I figured she would have me come in on Friday to check things out, but I was a little alarmed when she said she wanted me to come in within the hour to have blood work done. My wonderful team at school covered my class until a sub could get there and Jon and I headed to the doctor. They took blood and checked my blood pressure (which seemed to have gone down a bit, thank goodness) and sent me home with orders to go to bed until my appointment the following morning. My mom came up Thursday evening and brought us dinner and spent the night so she could take me to my appointment so Jon wouldn't have to take off another day. She also cleaned our kitchen, did laundry, and waited on me. What would we do without our mom's! At my appointment on Friday, my blood pressure was good, but still a little higher than my usual readings (130/82). Dr. Oliviera said my blood work looked great, but she did want me to prepare for possibly going on bed rest within the next seven to ten days. Since we have been watching my blood pressure from the beginning she doesn't want to take any chances as we near the end of the pregnancy. She said that since I have a physically demanding job, I may find myself resting in bed for the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I told her we would do whatever it took to get Aubree here safe and sound. Aubree sounded great on the doppler..her heartbeat was strong. She is resting completely on my right side. I don't know how in the world she fits over there, but I'm guessing she will spread out soon when she runs out of room. Dr. Oliviera okayed me to go back to work on Monday and Tuesday but told me to take it easy after work. I go back to see her on Wednesday to see how things are going. Until then, we are continuing to pray for low bp numbers :)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys!! Glad you and the doc are keeping such a close eye on your bp...it is scary. I hope you are feeling better this week and that your bp stays in the normal range. Whatever happens sounds like you have the right outlook...keep you and that baby healthly. You are getting so close!! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the diaper cake Addie made!! Precious! I hope your blood pressure improves! We will also be praying for you 3. It's funny that Aubree is on your right side because Parker and Presley's heads are both on my right side...must be the place to be these days! =) Keep us updated and get some rest. Not much longer to go...

    ReplyDelete