Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Showered with Love! (Pass the Pedialite)

This post is long overdue!!! On February 6th my Aunt and Mom threw an AMAZING shower for little Miss Aubree Mae! We had the shower at "Wonderful World of Cooking" in Carrollton. We had a yummy lunch (chicken salad, fruit, and spinach salad) and Aubree got so many precious goodies! The Wednesday before the shower, things were NOT great in my world. Jon came down with the stomach flu and was sick Monday and Tuesday. I was able to avoid the sickness for one whole day before it hit me with a vengeance! I got the wonderful stomach bug Wednesday night. To me, this is the worst kind of sick and when you have another human growing inside of you its extra rough! I was sick ALL night Wednesday and most of the day on Thursday. My fever finally broke on Friday morning and I spent my birthday piled in the bed with Roscoe, Yoda, and Sammie Jo to keep me company. My doctor called in a prescription that would dissolve on my tongue and once I kept that down I started feeling much better. I was good to go in time for my shower on Saturday. Below are some pictures from our wonderful day (I am 31 weeks pregnant here)! We are so blessed to have so many great people in our lives. I can't wait to introduce Aubree to all our wonderful friends and family who we love so very much!
Aubree's AWESOME cake! It was so yummy and toooo cute!
Nanny and I! Thanks for all your help with the shower Mom!
Terry, Aunt Gail, and Freida...Thanks for your help with the shower Aunt Gail!
My cousins, Andrea and Erica

Awesome teacher friends...Statia and Windy. My team got Aubree her first Panther outfit to wear to Daddy's games! Jon wanted to know if we could use it as her "coming home outfit" :) Thanks girls!
Lewisville teaching friends..Kerry, Cheryl, and Donna
Mamaw Nina and Bena
Me and Granny! She is sooo excited to be a great Granny!
Mal and Rachel (the photographer :)
The pretty table before everyone arrived!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Everything looked so pretty! I love the cake!! I'm so sad I missed it! I'm so glad you were feeling better by Saturday! I felt awful for you when you were sick! :(

    p.s. "Pass the pedialite"- HAHAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute shower...my mom had a great time! Wish I could have been there. You look adorable...can't wait to meet the little cutie. You are getting so close!

    ReplyDelete