Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snow..and 33 Week Appointment

A few weeks ago, we had record snow fall!!! I think we got about 10 inches here in Van Alstyne and the dogs (and Jon) were loving it. School let out at 12:30 on Thursday and we soon found out that it was cancelled for Friday as well. Woohoo! It's always fun when we have cancellations/vacation days since we both teach. Jon and I enjoyed spending the day together. When we got home on Thursday, we were excited to take the dogs out and see how they would react to all the snow. Yoda hated it, but Sammie Jo and Roscoe loved running around and trying to find their tennis ball that kept getting burried in the snow. Below are some pictures from our snow day. I stayed on the porch and played photographer :)

Jon throwing a huge snowball at Sammie Jo.


Playing with their toys

The front of the house after several hours of snow!


Sammie Jo!


Yoda (peeking out from behind Jon)


Roscoe waiting for Jon to throw the ball


Sammie Jo trying to get Yoda off the porch. She loves to be chased!
33 Week Appointment

The following Monday, I had an afternoon of appointments. I took half the day off because I knew I would be at the doctor's office/hospital all afternoon. I started off at the hospital doing our pre-registration. It was very surreal to see all the sweet babies in the nursery and then think about how that will be our baby in about a month! After I met with the pre-registration nurse, I headed to Dr. Weiss' office for our sonogram. Jon and my mom met me there and we were all very excited to see sweet Aubree. I was very anxious to see how much she had grown since she was measuring so big at our last appointment. Dr. Weiss measured the fluid around Aubree and took all his measurements and said she looked wonderful. After plugging in all his numbers he said "Well, she jumped up a few percentile points (last time she was in the 75% )." Jon and I both looked at each other as Dr. Weiss proceeded to tell us that our sweet baby girl was now in the 80% for weight and was weighing in at a whopping 5 pounds 4 ounces!!! My mom just laughed and Jon looked shocked. I asked Dr. Weiss how big he thought she would be if I carried her to term and all he would say was "big." Ha! From there, I headed to my Ob's office. I was thrilled when I walked in because no one was in the waiting room. Woohoo! I usually have to wait at least an hour because I take the last appointment of the day. It was nice to be in and out for a change. Dr. Oliveria listened to Aubree's heartbeat and again assured us that everything was proceeding as planned. My blood pressure continues to be normal (an answer to many prayers). She also told me that if Aubree continues to grow at the such a fast rate, that she would most likely induce me early so that I have a chance of having her normally (and so she wouldn't be 12 pounds, ha!) It looks as though we will get to meet our sweet Aubree Mae in March. I got back to the doctor on March 1st and we have another sonogram on March 15th. I'm assuming that after that sonogram we will have a better idea of when we will get to meet our sweet baby girl!



2 comments:

  1. How exciting she is going to be here so soon!! I hope you are feeling good. I can't believe how big she is and how little you are ;) This way you can meet her faster ;) Your house looks so beautiful all snow covered. Keep us updated!!! Can't wait to meet her... I need to make a quick trip back home to meet all these babies before our arrives ;).....I wish

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay monica! maybe we will have the same due date since eleanor is measuring small!! you never know! glad to hear all is well. we have almost made it! and yes erin- you do need to make a quick trip back to meet these babies!

    ReplyDelete